Grilled Turkey Sausage + Pepper Pizza
1 pound mixed bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into planks (or baby bell peppers, cut in half)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound pizza dough (flour and cornmeal for cutting board)
1 ball (4 ounces) fresh mozzarella
2 sweet Italian turkey sausages (about ½ pound)
Red pepper flakes and fresh basil to garnish
1. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, toss mixed bell peppers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until crisp-tender and charred, about 4 minutes; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out pizza dough into a large, thin rectangle about ¼-inch thick. Transfer to a cutting board sprinkled with flour or cornmeal. Scatter over the dough the fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces, and the Italian turkey sausages, removed from the casings and pinched into small pieces.
4. Oil the grill grates, place the reserved peppers on the pizza and slide it onto the grill. Cook, covered, until the sausage is opaque and the cheese is bubbling, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and fresh basil leaves to serve, if desired.
Sage-Rubbed Pork Chops with Grilled Peaches + Onion
1 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh sage leaves
4 bone-in pork chops (about 1-inch thick, 2 pounds total)
2 firm peaches, pitted and halved
1 small red onion, thickly sliced
1. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat or a grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Place sage and 1 tsp kosher salt in a mortar and crush with a pestle (or chop/mash against a cutting board with a chef’s knife). Rub sage salt over pork chops; season with pepper.
3. Lightly oil the grill grates or pan, add the pork chops, and grill until charred and just cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes per side. Let rest on a platter for a few minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together peaches, red onion, and 1 tbsp olive oil until coated. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the peaches and onions on the grill and cook, turning, until they are charred and tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Serve the pork chops with the peaches and onions alongside.
Merguez Burgers with Cucumber Dressing
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
½ teaspoon coriander seeds
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
1 pound ground lamb
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tablespoon harissa paste
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
3 sliced Kirby cucumbers
¼ cup Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, place 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds in a mortar and crush with pestle.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the spices with 1 pound ground lamb, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon harissa paste (or 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon paprika), 11/2 teaspoons kosher salt, and1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper. Oil the grill grate or pan. Form the spiced meat into four 11/2-inch thick patties and grill, turning once, until charred and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium doneness.
3. While the burgers are cooking, combine 3 sliced Kirby cucumbers, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, and 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the burgers on rolls topped with the cucumber dressing.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?