2 Va. deaths caused by carbon monoxide poisoning - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

2 Va. deaths caused by carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Updated:
SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. -

Authorities say two men died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a Spotsylvania County home.

Their bodies were found Monday after one of the men did not report to work and co-workers went to his house to check on him.

Local media sources say the men were identified as 55-year-old John T. Johnson and 45-year-old Carlton T. Smith.

Spotsylvania County Sheriff's Capt. Troy Skebo says an investigation found that power to the house had been turned off and the men were using two generators. They were not properly vented.

It's not known why the power had been turned off.

The medical examiner's office said the deaths were accidental, with a cause of asphyxia.

Powered by WorldNow
Untitled

WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
5151 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Main Number: (202) 244-5151
Newsroom: (202) 895-3000
fox5tips@wttg.com

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices