Spontaneous combustion blamed for fire that displaced family in - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

Spontaneous combustion blamed for fire that displaced family in Darnestown

Posted: Updated:

DARNESTOWN, Md. - Investigators say a house fire in Maryland has been ruled accidental and was caused by spontaneous combustion.

Montgomery County firefighters responded to an overnight fire in Darnestown.

Police say a 2-alarm fire broke out at a large single family home Thursday night around 11:30 p.m. on Rollinmeade Drive.

A family of six was displaced.

The entire family, including two adults and four children, were able to escape.

Powered by WorldNow

WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
5151 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Main Number: (202) 244-5151
Newsroom: (202) 895-3000
fox5tips@wttg.com

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices