· 2 heads of cauliflower
· 6-8 eggs
· Salt to taste
· Small amount of all-purpose flour as needed
1. Cut cauliflower into florets and cook thoroughly.
2. Drain cauliflower and allow to cool. Once cooled, put into a food processor or blender, and puree until smooth.
3. Place puree into a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much of the moisture as possible so the tortilla will hold together.
4. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs and salt.
5. Place the dried cauliflower puree in a large mixing bowl and slowly incorporate the eggs. Mix until a firm paste/dough-like consistency is achieved.
6. Optional herbs and other seasonings may be added during the mixing process, but if fresh herbs are used, be sure to chop them finely and remove as much moisture as possible before adding to the mix.
7. Lightly sprinkle a bit of the flour into the mixture if it is still too moist.
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and shape the dough into 4 oz. balls. Press them out onto the paper lined pan into appropriate sized tortillas, fairly thin but not too thin, as they can crack and break.
3. Bake until they are lightly browned around the edges and serve warm
*Note: The tortillas may be reheated in a skillet with a little oil or butter.
Yields 8-10 pancakes
· 2-3 large red beets, peeled & diced
· 1/2cup brown sugar
· 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
· Sliced strawberries for garnish
1. Boil peeled and diced beets until soft, drain and allow them to cool.
2. Puree the beets in a food processor or blender until smooth. Dry the puree by squeezing it through a kitchen towel or cheesecloth.
3. Add beet puree, sugar and cinnamon to pancake mix and cook pancakes as directed.
4. Top with non-fat whipped topping and sliced strawberries.
Sweet Potato Brownies
· 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
· 2/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
· 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon of salt
· 1 cup of organic cane sugar
· 1 skinned, boiled sweet potato, pureed
· 1 large egg
· 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Butter an 8-inch square pan. Set it aside.
3. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
4. Once the butter is melted, remove the pan from heat and stir in the cocoa.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
6. Stir in the sugar and sweet-potato puree, followed by an egg.
7. Add vanilla to cocoa mixture.
8. Carefully add the flour mixture to the cocoa mixture and stir thoroughly.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
10. Bake for 20 minutes.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?