Chatham fire that injured two was electrical: Fire officials - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

Chatham fire that injured two was electrical: Fire officials

Posted: Updated:
A fire broke out about 1:40 a.m. Thursday in the 8200 block of South Ingleside Avenue. (NVP News video) A fire broke out about 1:40 a.m. Thursday in the 8200 block of South Ingleside Avenue. (NVP News video)
CHICAGO (Sun-Times Media Wire) -

A fire at a three-story residential building in the South Side Chatham neighborhood that sent two men to the hospital early Thursday was determined to be electrical.

The fire started about 1:40 a.m. in the 8200 block of South Ingleside Avenue, police News Affairs Officer Jose Estrada said.

The Office of Fire Investigations determined the fire's origin was electrical in nature, Fire Media Affairs said Friday afternoon.

The fire started in a stairwell, Fire Media Affairs Director Larry Langford said Thursday morning.

A 55-year-old man jumped out of a window on the building's second floor and injured his back and leg, Estrada said. He was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County.

Another man, 45, had burns to his foot and was taken to Jackson Park Hospital and Medical Center, Estrada said.

The Police Department was not notified of any displacements from the fire, Estrada added.

Follow Us!

Share Your Photos & Video

Powered by WorldNow

WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
5151 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Main Number: (202) 244-5151
Newsroom: (202) 895-3000
fox5tips@wttg.com

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices