Hospital patient dies in fire after smoking in bed - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

Hospital patient dies in fire after smoking in bed

Posted: Updated:
BALTIMORE, MD - A patient at the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore has died after starting a fire while smoking in bed.
  
City fire officials say the male patient lit himself on fire. Hospital spokeswoman Sharon Boston says in a statement that the fire broke out around 10:30 p.m. Friday, and she confirms that one patient died. She says firefighters put out the flames quickly, and the incident is being investigated.
Powered by WorldNow

WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
5151 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Main Number: (202) 244-5151
Newsroom: (202) 895-3000
fox5tips@wttg.com

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices