Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units, along with units from Arlington County, responded to a fire in a high-rise building, last night around 3 a.m., at the 6100 block of Leesburg Pike in the Seven Corners area of Fairfax County.
Firefighters encountered an active fire on the second floor. A second alarm was struck bringing over 50 fire department personnel to the scene. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire.
Firefighters rescued an adult male from the apartment where the fire originated and transported him to Washington Hospital burn center.
The smoke alarm did not activate due to a dead battery.
Damage is estimated at $25,000.
According to fire investigators, the fire was accidental. An electrical anomaly in a power strip caused the fire.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?