Langley Elementary School in Northeast D.C. will be closed Friday after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected.
Dozens of students and staffers complained about feeling sick Thursday afternoon.
Four students and two staffers were taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Firefighters determined a faulty boiler was to blame. They have shut it down and the air quality is now back to normal.
Without a working boiler and with a freeze warning Thursday night, the school will be too cold to hold classes on Friday.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc5151 Wisconsin Ave. NWWashington, DC 20016Main Number: (202) 244-5151Newsroom: (202) firstname.lastname@example.org