Pumpkin Spice Latte:
Recipe Courtsy: http://brokeassgourmet.com/articles/the-brokeass-pumpkin-spice-latte
3 tbsp strong ground coffee $6 for 16 oz.
2/3 cup water
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice $1.50 for 1 oz.
2 tsp honey or agave nectar Pantry
2/3 cup milk (any fat %, or even soy) $3 for a gallon
Recipe Serves 10
1. Brew the coffee with the water in a regular coffee maker, French press or drip cone.
2. While the coffee brews, stir the pumpkin pie spice into the honey or agave nectar until completely blended. Set aside.
3. Pour the cold milk into a microwave-safe bowl, the edges of which should come up a bit higher than the milk.
4. Keep the bowl slightly tilted to the side, so that the milk is gathered more towards one side. Using a wire whisk, quickly and vigorously whisk the milk in the bowl for about 2-2 1/2 minutes. If milk is not frothy after 2 1/2 minutes, continue whisking an additional 30-60 seconds. 5The milk should be very frothy at this point.
5. Microwave the milk in the bowl on high for 8-10 seconds. It should puff into a high foam immediately.
6. To serve the latte, pour the hot coffee into a mug and stir in the honey/agave-spice mixture until completely dissolved. Top with the hot milk, spooning the thick foam on top. A dash of additional pumpkin pie spice or some ground cinnamon on top is a nice touch. Serve immediately.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?