Two volunteer firefighters from Glenn Dale station 818 received first and second degree burns battling a two alarm blaze on Westport Drive. Investigators say the fire started in the basement of a Town home in the 11000 block of Westport Drive. It traveled through the house and onto the back deck within minutes.
Emergency dispatchers got numerous calls from neighbors who thought the residents who lived there were trapped. Prince George's County Fire Chief Marc Bashoor says both residents were found outside and are safe.
The firefighters were burned on the back of their necks and ears. They were taken to Medstar for treatment and are in good condition with minor injuries.
Two adjacent town homes in The Villages of Lottsford Town homes complex have smoke and water damage. Those resident have to stay elsewhere.
So far the cause of the fire hasn't been determined.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?