Katie Dalton, a health coach at Integrative Health Center, shows FOX 10's Kristen Keogh how to make a naturally moisturizing anti-inflammatory face mask.
· One ripe avocado
· 1 tsp organic coconut oil
· 3 tbsp cacao powder (unprocessed cocoa powder)
· 2 tbsp organic honey
· 2 tbsp organic oats
· After peeling and removing the pit, mash the avocado into a bowl.
· Add the coconut oil (which will be liquid above 75 degrees F), cacao powder, honey, and oats and stir until you've reached a smoothed consistency.
· Optional: before adding the oats, grind them in a blender or coffee grinder to create a smoother consistency. You can also puree the whole mixture in a blender instead of using a spoon.
· Apply a thin layer onto the face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. When you rinse it off with warm water, gently massage the mask into your face to give the oats a chance to exfoliate.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?