Paula Deen dumped for n-word past - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

ORIGINAL STATEMENT:

REVISED STATEMENT:

Paula Deen dumped for n-word past

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

Food Network says it won't renew Paula Deen's contract after her admission that she used racial slurs.  Her contract expires at the end of the month.

On Friday, the celebrity TV cook released a highly edited apology video in response to an uproar after she admitted during a deposition that she had a history of using a racial slur.

It was removed a short time later after several entertainment sites mocked the video, but several copies were already circulating across the internet.

It was later replaced by a new video that did not contain edits.

"I want to apologize to everybody for the wrong that I’ve done," Deen said in the first video, "I want to learn and grow from this."

The apology ran about 45 seconds and appeared to not be scripted. The video had three distinct edits in it.

Earlier in the day, Deen was a no-show for an appearance on NBC's Today Show.  In the second video, Deen said she was physically unable to make it to the show.

The controversy started after the 66-year-old Food Network star admitted during questioning for a lawsuit that she had used the N-word.

According to a transcript of the deposition, Dean was quoted as saying, "Yes, of course," Deen replied, though she added: "It's been a very long time."

Powered by WorldNow

WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
5151 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Main Number: (202) 244-5151
Newsroom: (202) 895-3000
fox5tips@wttg.com

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices