Army veteran fatally shot in Seat Pleasant - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

Army veteran fatally shot in Seat Pleasant

Posted: Updated:
Michael Brown Michael Brown
Michael Brown Michael Brown

Prince George's County police are saying very little about what happened inside the house on Cabin Branch Drive Tuesday night where an Army veteran was found dead in his Seat Pleasant home.

According to a preliminary investigation, police say multiple suspects entered the home at gunpoint and demanded money. A confrontation ensued and Michael Brown was fatally shot.

But what we have learned about Brown’s death is coming mostly from his grandmother and other family members.

Just after 10 p.m., Crystal Adams said she heard someone pounding on her front door. She came out to hear the alarm sounding from her grandson’s house and his girlfriend screaming at her to call 911.

"[Her grandson’s girlfriend] said, ‘Grandma, call 911.’ I said, ‘Call 911 for what?’ She said, ‘He been shot. Michael been shot. They shot him, they shot him.”

Adams said her grandson’s girlfriend was the one yelling for help, but it was all so confusing.

“And I went over there and when I went into the door, my grandson was laid out in a pool of blood,” Adams said. “He was in a backroom and nothing looked like it had been really disturbed.”

Family members say nothing was taken from the house, including his wallet, which still had cash inside. The only thing out of place was his backpack, which only contained papers from school and the Army.

Adams said she had a hard time understanding what happened. She said Brown’s girlfriend didn't say much more than they shot him.

"When I walked in, she ran to the door, opened the door and I followed her. It’s not a real big house and we walked right in. You could see where he was laying on the floor and she jumped back on him to do CPR,” said Adams.

Adams said her grandson joined the Army when he was 19 years old and spent a year in Afghanistan. She said he left the military a little over a year ago and was going to school in hopes of being a medical technician.

"He didn't bother nobody,” she said. “He kept to himself. He went to school. He was a good dad. We were very close. I just can’t fathom who would have wanted to do anything to him.”

Adams said her grandson had three children, although the youngest recently died of sudden infant death syndrome.

The family is also concerned they have not been able to contact Brown's girlfriend.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Prince George's County Police Department's Homicide Unit at 301-772-4925. Callers wishing to remain anonymous may call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477), text, "PGPD plus your message" to CRIMES (274637) on your cell phone or go to and submit a tip online.

Powered by WorldNow

WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
5151 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Main Number: (202) 244-5151
Newsroom: (202) 895-3000

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices