Man electrocuted while welding; falls 20 feet from rooftop - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

Man electrocuted while welding; falls 20 feet from rooftop

Posted: Updated:
GLENDALE, Ariz. -

A man was electrocuted while welding on a building's rooftop near 51st Avenue and Grand, causing several explosions and a power outage in the area.

He fell 20 feet from the rooftop.

"The adult male was an employee at the business doing work as part of his employment when he came in accidental contact with live wires," stated Glendale Police Officer Tracey J. Breeden.

Traffic lights and the power is out in the area from Bethany Home Road south all the way to north 63rd Avenue.

SRP crews are working to restore power.  They estimate 1,400 customers are without power and they estimate it could be out for a minimum of two hours.

The man was pronounced dead.  His name has not been released.

This is a developing story.  Stay with FOX 10 News for updates.

Powered by WorldNow
Untitled

WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
5151 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Main Number: (202) 244-5151
Newsroom: (202) 895-3000
fox5tips@wttg.com

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices