Three people, including a baby, were stung by bees Monday morning when a homeowner dealing with a beehive took matters into his own hands.
Firefighters say a man who lives near 67th Ave and Peoria Ave in Glendale bought a bee suit and tried to remove a hive from his attic.
The bees were disturbed and became angry -- and stung an 18-month-old child, two teenagers, and two dogs.
The homeowner recently got an estimate to have the hive removed, but he thought it was too expensive.
"We never recommend that somebody take care of this issue on their own. This is a huge safety risk, you're going to want to leave it up to the professionals," said Michael Young, Glendale Fire.
Firefighters say the people and pets who were stung will be ok.