Fire Displaces Residents Of 4 Wilmington Homes; 1Injured - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

'Discarded Smoking Materials' Cause of Fire That Burned Through 4 Del. Homes

Posted: Updated:
A firefighter works to get a fire under control in Wilmington, Delaware Wednesday. A firefighter works to get a fire under control in Wilmington, Delaware Wednesday.
BEAR, Del. -

A fire that sent one person to the hospital and displaced the residents of four homes in Bear, Delaware Wednesday was ruled accidental by the state fire marshal's office.

According to the fire marshal's office, the 2-alarm fire quickly moved through five townhomes on the 900 block of Rue Madora, destroying two and damaging three others.

Investigators say they have determined the fire originated in the rear of one of the homes and was caused by discarded smoking materials.

One resident was taken to a nearby hospital for what was described as a minor injury by firefighters.

The local chapter of the Red Cross says it is helping two families while two other families are receiving help from relatives.

Powered by WorldNow

WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
5151 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Main Number: (202) 244-5151
Newsroom: (202) 895-3000
fox5tips@wttg.com

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices