Hot Tub Malfunction Caused Fire At Atlantic County Motel - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

Hot Tub Malfunction Caused Fire At Atlantic County Motel

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters are seen in the parking lot of a motel in Atlantic County, New Jersey Tuesday night. Firefighters are seen in the parking lot of a motel in Atlantic County, New Jersey Tuesday night.
ATLANTIC COUNTY, N.J. -

SkyFOX flew over the scene of a motel fire Tuesday night in Galloway Township.

It happened at around 10 p.m. at the EconoLodge Motel on the 300 block of the White Horse Pike.

Flames at one point were shooting from rooms of the motel, emergency responders reported.

Officials say the fire started because of a malfunction with a hot tub, causing flames in between floors.

There was no word on any injuries.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Pennsbury East and West High Schools Lockdown Lifted

    Pennsbury East and West High Schools Lockdown Lifted

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 9:48 AM EDT2014-04-16 13:48:13 GMT
    Pennsbury High School East and West has lifted a lockdown placed on the school after an unidentified individual was spotted in the building at 8:45am.
    Pennsbury High School East and West have lifted a lockdown placed on the school after an unidentified individual was spotted in the building at 8:45am.
  • Chestnut Hill Student Found Dead In Dorm

    Chestnut Hill Student Found Dead In Dorm

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 12:12 PM EDT2014-04-16 16:12:07 GMT
    Philadelphia Police found 22-year old Bradley David Amerman, a senior business major, not breathing and pronounced him dead at the scene.
    Philadelphia Police found 22-year old Bradley David Amerman, a senior business major, not breathing and pronounced him dead at the scene.
  • Fire Crews Battle 2-Alarm Fire in Folcroft

    Fire Crews Battle 2-Alarm Fire in Folcroft

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 10:47 AM EDT2014-04-16 14:47:07 GMT
    SkyFOX flew over the 2900 block of Heather Road when the bulk of the fire was knocked off. Fire crews arrived to the scene just before 7a.m.
    SkyFOX flew over the 2900 block of Heather Road when the bulk of the fire was knocked off. Fire crews arrived to the scene just before 7a.m.
Powered by WorldNow

WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
5151 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Main Number: (202) 244-5151
Newsroom: (202) 895-3000
fox5tips@wttg.com

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices