Hotel evacuated again due to natural gas smell - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

Hotel evacuated again due to natural gas smell

Updated:

PHOENIX (AP) -- A hotel in northwest Phoenix was evacuated for the second time in as many days because of the smell of natural gas.

Approximately 140 employees and guests were evacuated from a four-story Holiday Inn at Cactus Road and Interstate 17 Monday morning when a natural gas leak was detected in the area.

A smaller number of people were evacuated from the same four-story hotel Tuesday morning after an employee smelled the rotten-egg odor of natural gas.

However, Fire Capt. Scott McDonald says there's no new leak.

McDonald says the odor resulted from residual gas that dispersed when a Southwest Gas machine being used to suck gas from the ground at the site of Monday's repair was turned off for refueling.

Related story: Phoenix hotel evacuated due to natural gas leak

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press modified.

Powered by WorldNow

WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
5151 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Main Number: (202) 244-5151
Newsroom: (202) 895-3000
fox5tips@wttg.com

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices