Grab salt, limes and a bottle of tequila, it's National Margarita Day!
Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville at Westgate is celebrating the "holiday" in style with special events throughout the day.
Customers can attend Margaritaville University, where bartenders will teach people to make, mix, stir, shake and sip their very own margarita. After they've mastered the craft, all graduates will receive a diploma. The class starts at 3 p.m.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere: Margaritaville will have a "The National Margarita Day Toast" at 5 p.m. Arizona time.
Now we all know what's important, the margarita specials. Margaritaville is featuring Who's to Blame, License to Chill and Off to See the Lizard for $4 all day.
Cabana Boy-Rita (12 oz.)
Margaritaville Gold Tequilla 1.25 oz.
Margaritaville Triple Sec .50 oz.
IO Mango Mix 3 oz.
IQF Mango Chunks 2 Bsp.
Float Grand Marnier .50 oz.
1. Add ingredients to blender cup.
2. Blend and pour into glass
3. Add Grand Marnier Float
Garnish: Sugar rim and orange wedge
Jambalaya (Two parts: Sauce and Entrée)
Andouille Sausage (ground) .75 pound
Tasso Ham (chopped) .75 pound
Smoked Sausage 2.5 pounds
Diced Cooked Chicken Meat 2.5 pounds
Yellow Onion (diced) 1 pound
Green Bell Peppers (diced) .75 pound
Celery (diced) .75 pounds
Chopped Garlic 3 tablespoons
Flour 4 ounces
Dry Thyme 2 tablespoons
Dry Oregano 2 tablespoons
Kosher Salt 1 tablespoon
White Pepper 1.5 teaspoon
Black Pepper 1 teaspoon
Rotel Tomatoes 1 - 24oz can
Diced Tomato (drained) 1 -24 oz can
Franks Red Hot Sauce 1/3 cup
Water 1/2 quart
Vegetable stock 1/2 cup
Olive Oil 1/8 cup
Worcestershire sauce 1/2cups
1. .Cut sausage in ½ inch thick medallions.
2. In tilt skillet, sauté tasso, smoked & andouille sausage in olive oil until heated and remove.
3. Add onions, celery, green peppers, and sauté until tender.
4. Add garlic and hot sauce, cook 2 minutes.
5. Stir in all dry spices.
6. Add flour and make a light roux.
7. Whisk in water slowly, making mixture smooth.
8. Add all remaining ingredients, and simmer 20 minutes to a minimum internal temperature of 140°F.
Oil 1.5 tbsp
Garlic 1 teaspoon
Chicken 4 ounce
Shrimp 2 ounce
Chicken Stock 3oz
Jambalaya sauce 8oz
White rice cooked 1 cup portion
Scallions chopped 1 tablespoon
1. .Heat pan; add oil and chicken & sauté until chicken is half cooked.
2. Add shrimp and sauté until shrimp are just cooked.
3. Deglaze pan with chicken stock and reduce by half..
4. Add jambalaya sauce to pan and bring to a simmer then fold in rice, combine the rice with sauce and simmer till an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
5. Transfer to bowl and garnish with scallions and garlic bread.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?