Brian's Tortilla Soup
Prep time: 10-to-15 minutes; cooking time: 15-to-20 minutes
· 1 lb. chicken tenders (can substitute favorite turkey meat) seasoned w/southwest or fajita seasoning, grilled and chopped
· 1 (14-to-16 oz.) can black beans
· 1 (14-to-16 oz.) can diced tomatoes w/roasted garlic, onions
· 1 cup frozen sweet corn
· ¼ cup onion, diced
· Salt & Pepper to taste
· 1 bouillon cube
· 4 qts. water (or enough to cover ingredients)
· Garnishes -- shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla strips
1. In large pot, add ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Lower to medium-low heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Serve w/cheese, tortilla strips.
Chef Tee's Sweet Potato Soup
Serves 2 to 4
· 3 cups sweet potato, peeled and cubed (can substitute butternut squash)
· 1 medium onion, sliced
· ½ cup cooking sherry
· 3 cups chicken stock
· ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
· Salt and pepper
1. Add sweet potatoes, onions, sherry, stock to large pot; bring to boil over high heat.
2. Lower to medium-low heat; simmer until ingredients are fork tender (about 15 to 20 minutes).
3. Pour ingredients into blender; add cream; puree until smooth.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Garnish with little olive oil.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?