Investigators declare Butts County fire accidental - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

Investigators declare Butts County fire accidental

Posted: Updated:
ATLANTA -

An investigation has found that a house fire that killed a Butts County woman was accidental.

Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens says fire investigators determined that an electrical malfunction of the dryer started the blaze Friday afternoon.

Authorities found 52-year-old Bonnie T. Hamby dead in the home in Flovilla, about 35 miles northwest of Macon.

Hudgens said the home was completely destroyed by the fire.

 

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press

Powered by WorldNow
Untitled

WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
5151 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Main Number: (202) 244-5151
Newsroom: (202) 895-3000
fox5tips@wttg.com

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices