A vacant hotel in south Fulton County was consumed by flames on Tuesday.
Fire crews say the fire sparked at around 1:30 a.m. at the vacant Inhome Suites located on Fulton Industrial Boulevard near Martin Luther King Jr. Drive.
There was a concern early in the fire that it may have been gas related, but that has been determined not to be the case. Authorities say the empty hotel was built of wood, and it ignited and fueled the massive blaze.
Fire officials say that it's possible that someone inside the building may have started the fire.
"This is an area where do you have homeless people. It's cold. People are going to find a way to try to stay warm," said Fulton County Deputy Fire Chief Jack Butler.
Butler says even though the building was boarded up, people could still find a way in.
Officials don't think that anyone was hurt in the fire, but that will all be confirmed as the cleanup process continues.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?