Phoenix firefighters responded to a fire at a single story 4-plex Wednesday afternoon, in the 9200 block of N. 7th Ave.
A resident in one of the middle units had been smoking a cigarette and may have fallen asleep, says Phoenix Fire spokesman Jonathan Jacobs.
The 49-year-old resident suffered smoke inhalation and minor burns, but should be ok. Everyone else made it out of the building safely.
Everyone living in the complex will be displaced.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?