Iinformation for the Inaugural Parade from the U.S. Secret Service.
The following security measures will be in place for the 57th Presidential Inauguration:
· Downtown Area Road Closures: A map detailing specific road closures is attached. Vehicle restricted zones will be in effect beginning at 7 a.m. on Sunday, January 20, through 7 a.m. on Tuesday, January 22. Restrictions will be implemented on a rolling schedule, beginning at Pennsylvania Avenue NW from 2nd Street NW to 15th Street NW. All closures will be in place by the morning of Monday, January 21. All vehicular road closures in Washington, D.C., will be instituted by MPD. Inquiries pertaining to road closures should be directed to the MPD Office of Public Information at (202) 727-4383. Details regarding road closures will be available online at http://www.inauguration.dc.gov and http://www.secretservice.gov.
· Security Screenings: All attendees, including general public and ticketed guests, will be subject to a thorough security screening before entering the Inaugural parade route, the White House reviewing stand and the Inaugural balls. Please allow for additional time for this security screening, as it is expected that lines may be long.
· General Prohibited Items: As a security precaution, the following items will be prohibited from the Inaugural parade route, the White House reviewing stand and the Inaugural balls:
- Animals other than helper/guide dogs
- Bags and signs exceeding size restrictions (8"x6"x4")
- Glass or thermal containers
- Laser pointers
- Mace / Pepper spray
- Supports for signs and placards
- Weapons of any kind
- Any other items determined to be potential safety hazards
Signs and placards must be made only of cardboard, poster board or cloth and have dimensions no greater than three feet in width, 20 feet in length and one-quarter inch in thickness. Surrendered items will not be returned, nor available for pick-up.
· Parade Route Entry Points: The following public entry points will open at 6:30 a.m. on Monday, January 21, 2013, and will remain open until the parade route can no longer accommodate additional people.
- 2nd Street NW and C Street NW
- John Marshall Park at C Street NW
- Indiana Avenue NW between 6th Street NW and 7th Street NW
- 7th Street NW and D Street NW
- 10th Street NW and E Street NW
- 12th Street NW and E Street NW
- 13th Street NW and E Street NW
- 14th Street NW and E Street NW
- 12th Street NW and Constitution Avenue NW
- 10th Street NW and Constitution Avenue NW
- 7th Street NW and Constitution Avenue NW
- Constitution Avenue NW between 6th Street NW and 7th Street NW
All parade route security screening entry points will be able to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?