Silvervio Chavez, the executive chef at Bice Ristorante New York, was on Thursday's Good Day New York appearing in the Good Day Cafe. He made his chicken scaloppini recipe.
SCALLOPINE DI POLLO AL MARSALA, FUNGHI E VERDURE DI STAGIONE
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves, sliced and lightly pounded to ¼-inch thin
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup sliced mix mushrooms
1 cup marsala wine
1. Coat the chicken breast with flour on both sides and tap out the excess flour.
2. Pan sear the chicken in a large sauce pan with olive oil on high heat, sear the chicken on both sides until lightly brown.
3. Add the sliced mixed mushrooms into the sauce pan, sautée the chicken and the mushrooms together for a couple of minutes.
4. Season with salt.
5. Add the demi-glace sauce, simmer for a couple of minutes then add the Marsala wine and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Then remove, plate it and serve with roasted fingerling potatoes and sautéed spinach.
Silverio Chavez, Executive Chef, Bice Ristorante New York