Oxon Hill fire leaves man in critical condition - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

Oxon Hill fire leaves man in critical condition

Posted: Updated:
OXON HILL, Md. -

A man and wife are in the hospital following a house fire in Oxon Hill on Saturday morning.

Around 5:30a.m., firefighters got a call for someone trapped inside a burning home in the 5100 block of Boulder Drive and found heavy smoke upon arrival.

A man about 50-years-old was rushed to the hospital and is in critical condition.

His wife was also hospitalized with smoke inhalation and is said to be in fair condition.

Officials say vapors from a kerosene space heater ignited while it was being filled.

It took 30 firefighters about 15 minutes to put out the blaze.

Losses are estimated at $50,000.


Powered by WorldNow
Untitled

WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
5151 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Main Number: (202) 244-5151
Newsroom: (202) 895-3000
fox5tips@wttg.com

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices