A man and wife are in the hospital following a house fire in Oxon Hill on Saturday morning.
Around 5:30a.m., firefighters got a call for someone trapped inside a burning home in the 5100 block of Boulder Drive and found heavy smoke upon arrival.
A man about 50-years-old was rushed to the hospital and is in critical condition.
His wife was also hospitalized with smoke inhalation and is said to be in fair condition.
Officials say vapors from a kerosene space heater ignited while it was being filled.
It took 30 firefighters about 15 minutes to put out the blaze.
Losses are estimated at $50,000.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?