Turkey blamed for fire in Laurel - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

Turkey blamed for fire in Laurel

Posted: Updated:
LAUREL, Md. -

Prince George's County firefighters say a house was heavily damaged by a fire that began when residents were smoking a turkey on a propane grill on the rear deck.

The fire was reported at about 11 p.m. Wednesday on Prince George Street in Laurel. Officials say the blaze started on the house's exterior and spread into the two-story home.

One firefighter suffered an illness at the scene and was taken to a local hospital.

Damage was estimated at $100,000 and the family was displaced.

Also, Baltimore County firefighters say a house's deck was damaged Thursday afternoon in Fullerton when a turkey fryer was warming up and oil splattered. One person suffered minor burns to his arms and face.


Powered by WorldNow

WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
5151 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Main Number: (202) 244-5151
Newsroom: (202) 895-3000
fox5tips@wttg.com

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices