With a nor'easter approaching, emergency management officials in Brick Township in Ocean County, N.J., have ordered a mandatory evacuation for residents in the low-lying waterfront areas that are prone to flooding. These areas were already hit hard by Superstorm Sandy.
Residents are asked to evacuate their homes by 6 p.m. on November 6, 2012, and seek shelter with friends and/or family. Residents requiring transportation to a shelter should call at 732-262-1234.
These areas include but are not limited to:
• Midstreams neighborhood East of Jordan Rd.
• Area of Island Dr. in Cedarcroft
• North & South Dr. (Metedeconk)
• Princeton Ave. East of Beaver Dam Rd.
• Cedarbridge Manor East of Lions Lane
• Vanada Woods
• Eagle Pass
• Sandy Point
• Tilton Rd
• Cranberry Cove
• Swan Point Park including Beaton and Gale Rd.
• Baywood East of Pilot Dr. and Mandolay Dr.
• Cherry Quay South of Tiller Lane
• Sailors Quay off of Pleasant Dr., North Pier and South Sailors Quay
• Waterfront Property in Mallard Point
• Seaview Dr. & Seaview Ave in Seaview Village
• Shore Acres
• Seawood Harbor
• Waterfront Property in Bay Harbor
Authorities also said that residents whose homes that do not fall into the mandatory area that have been damaged and/or affected from Hurricane Sandy are strongly encouraged to evacuate.
On Sunday, the township administration said tremendous progress had been made in the recovery effort along the Route 35 barrier Island section of Brick Township. In an effort to update our database, the Township of Brick was requesting all barrier Island property owners please email or voice message up to date contact information to the following secure locations:
email@example.com and (732)262-2940.