Would you paint your home bright orange and green if it meant living mortgage free?
More than 40,000 people have applied for what's being called a "Billboard Home."
It's a unique way of advertising. A California marketing company called Brainiacs From Mars paints their logos and colors on your house. In return, they pay your monthly mortgage.
"If you let us paint ads on your house, we pay for your mortgage for the entire time the ad runs," said Romeo Mendoza of Brainiacs From Mars.
Many have applied – some from the Bay area. These homeowners are asking, almost pleading, for the company to turn their home into a billboard. One of the applications is from a teacher who says she has a $1,200 mortgage and is struggling to get by.
"90 percent of people are in need. The other 10 percent of people just want to have a good time, so maybe they want to see their cars or houses or boats," he said.
But Mendoza said they're only painting houses. The goal is to paint 3,000 homes by the end of next year.
"We buy ads as a company all the time, so why not buy an ad on this person's house, and we in return pay the mortgage," he said.
Find more info at http://www.brainiacsfrommars.com/.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?