Ask Allison:Suing to garnish wages to care for child - DC News FOX 5 DC WTTG

Ask Allison:Suing to garnish wages to care for child

Posted: Updated:

Today's Ask Allison deals with the finances involved with raising someone else's child.

A viewer and her husband took their 13-year-old niece in when the child's mother started having problems with pain pills, alcohol, and men.

The teenager is in counseling and sports, but she struggles in school and is taking medication for ADHD.

I am currently receiving $289 a month in child support and her mother is suppose to pay for medical/dental bills. I sent her a certified letter with a copy of all bills, which came to about $1300.

I asked her to call me and make payment arrangements within 30 days, but she didn't.

Is it wrong for me to go to court and file paperwork to start garnishing her wages?

Judge Alex helps with the legal aspect of this one.

Powered by WorldNow

WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
5151 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Main Number: (202) 244-5151
Newsroom: (202) 895-3000

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices