It's said that your true character is revealed by the way you act when nobody's looking.
So if you knew you wouldn't get caught would you take a product without paying for it?
That's what the folks at Bethesda-based "Honest Tea" decided to find out.
They put bottles of tea on display at Dupont Circle and asked people to pay a dollar before taking a bottle.
No monitor…no cashier…just the honor system.
So how'd we do?
Seth Goldman, president of Honest Tea, joined us with more.
BETHESDA, MD - (August 20, 2012) - Honest Tea, the nation's top-selling organic bottled tea company, today released the results of the first National Honesty Index social experiment. Among the findings:
• 93% of participants were honest
• Salt Lake City and Oakland were both 100% honest
• Women are 95% honest while men are 91% honest
• Boston baseball fans are more honest than New York baseball fans
• Redheads are more honest than blondes and brunettes
• Motorcyclists were 92% honest while Comic Book fans were 86% honest
• Men with beards were 96% honest while bald men were 85% honest
Top 5 Least Honest Locations:
Atlantic Terminal, Brooklyn, NY 61%
Venice Beach, CA 76%
Chelsea Piers, NYC 77%
16th St Mall, Denver, CO 80%
South Side Chicago 82%
Iconic Business District Rankings:
Madison Ave. 98%
Wall Street 97%
Capitol Hill 93%
Silicon Valley 93%
K Street 91%
Baseball Team Rankings:
Boston baseball fans 100%
San Francisco baseball fans 97%
Washington D.C. baseball fans 93%
Anaheim baseball fans 90%
New York baseball fans 83%
Chicago baseball fans 83%
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?