Authorities say two firefighters were injured while battling a two-alarm blaze at a Montgomery County furniture store.
Officials say about 85 firefighters were called to battle the fire at the Marlo Furniture store on Rockville Pike on Wednesday evening. Two firefighters were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening heat-related injuries.
Assistant Chief Scott Graham, a spokesman for the county fire department, says the fire was on the second floor and roof of the building. It was knocked down shortly after 7 p.m.
The fire also forced officials to shut down traffic on the 700 block of Rockville Pike at the end of the Wednesday afternoon commute. Rockville Pike reopened about 8 p.m.
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?