For more about July 14 Health Expo: CLICK LINK HERE
For more about Chef Tee and Chef Brian: Saltandpepperchefs.com
Everyone knows that a good diet and consistent medical screenings are a crucial component of healthy living. That message will be reinforced at a July 14th Health Expo in Silver Spring.
Chef Terrell Danley, also known as "Chef Tee", joined us to show an example of healthy eating by showing off his Honey Ginger Turkey Fillet and Cucumber Orange Salad Wrap. The ingredients and directions for which are below:
Chef Tee's Honey Ginger Turkey Fillet and Cucumber, Baby Arugula & Orange Salad Wrap
· 1 pkg. Koch's Honey Ginger Turkey Fillets
· ¼ cup canola oil
· ¼ cup pepper jelly (optional)
· 1 European cucumber
· 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
· 2 cups baby arugula
· ¼ cup red onion, cut into ¼ -inch slices
· 2 medium oranges, peeled, divided into segments
· 1 Tbsp. orange zest
· Juice from 1 orange
· 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (or to taste)
· Salt & Pepper to taste
· 4 whole wheat bread rollups (can substitute whole wheat flour tortillas)
1. Season turkey w/Salt & Pepper.
2. In large non-stick skillet, heat 2 Tbsps. oil over medium-high heat; put turkey in skillet (may need to cook fillets in batches, so don't crowd pan).
3. Cook turkey 3-to-4 minutes per side or until done.
4. Remove turkey; spread thin layer of pepper jelly over meat; rest for a few minutes; slice into ¼ -inch strips; set aside.
5. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise; spoon out seeds; discard seeds; slice cucumber halves into ¼ -inch slices; set aside.
6. In large bowl, add cucumber slices, cilantro, arugula, onion, oranges, OJ, zest, vinegar, 2 Tbsps. oil, Salt & Pepper; toss.
7. Assemble wrap w/bread, a few turkey strips, ¼ cup cucumber salad. (you can add more or less turkey, salad).
WTTG FOX 5 & myfoxdc
Didn't find what you were looking for?