Get this recipe courtesy of the Great Wolf Lodge.
This is yummy and simple! Take dessert favorites like Rice Krispy treats, marshmallows, or cream puffs and dip into smooth, rich chocolate. Yum! Fruit such as strawberries, bananas, blueberries and pineapple are also great foods to dip. Love pastry? Use pieces of pound cake or even brownies.
This recipe makes 1 ½ cups of ganache. (Ganache is a classic French preparation.)
· 12 ounces chocolate, chopped into small pieces
· 1 cup heavy cream
· Optional: 3 tablespoons flavored liqueur - great when making this for adults only
Place chocolate pieces in a large bowl. Heat heavy cream on medium high until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and immediately pour cream over chocolate and stir until completely mixed and glossy. Microwave until it melts and pour in a bowl for dipping.
Tips for success:
· Don't serve the chocolate too hot. Chocolate will burn if left too long in a microwave - and you don't want to burn your mouth!
· Add flavor to your chocolate: almond, peppermint, or orange liqueur are a nice flair for this dessert when making it for adults only.
· Arrange the pieces for dipping around a platter and place the bowl of chocolate in the center. Use fondue forks for dipping. Enjoy!